Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fried Chicken Glory: KFC Double Down Sandwich



This might quite possibly be the most amazing chicken sandwich ever known to man. Two KFC boneless chicken breasts (Original recipe or grilled) sandwich two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of Monterrey Jack and pepper jack cheeses, and Colonel's sauce?!! Where is the bun? Not happening. The chicken breasts are the bun.





I give you the KFC Double Down Sandwich. It was my honor to try this sandwich today. The DD lives up to the hype and then some. If only once in a lifetime, you must try this sandwich. Insanely good. The stuff of legend. I went with the Original recipe, but I image the "healthier" grilled is tasty as well. Nutritional information? Do you really want to know with a sandwich like this? Don't plan on eating for the rest of the week, but this sandwich was so, so worth it. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.



I've had this sandwich twice now, and for all the nay sayers and all the "the sandwich will kill you" crowd? Don't buy one. Show a little self control, and take responsibility for your own actions. KFC is not billing this sandwich as healthy, and as an indulgent, satisfying, sandwich to have once in a while? The Double Down is just awesome. Chose to not have a DD if you think it is going to kill you.

For more info visit KFC at: www.kfc.com/doubledown/

3 comments:

  1. One of these days I am going to try it. The calories are not so bad (only 540, I thought it would be more), but the sodium is way out there: 1380 MG and the RDA for most people is around 2000. And the grilled version has even more, 1430 MG. That's enough to put my BP up there. It does look really good though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is. Worth a try and harmless if you have a DD once in a great while. I've eaten a few pieces of KFC with mashed potatoes, and did more dammage with that "meal" and did not give it a second thought. The DD is sinfully good. Just eat in moderation, and this sandwich is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally had one the other day for lunch. I had gone running that morning and figured I sweated out the extra salt, so I went for it. You are right, this is really a delicious sandwich! Great for a low-carb diet too.

    Thanks for the tip, I will be enjoying this again.

    ReplyDelete